Thursday, October 09, 2008

It Sounds Like Fun...





Michael and I did not accomplish everything on my list this morning, but we did make it to the cross country meet.  We also found a present for the baby from Michael and we had lunch with Josh.  All that sounds like fun, and even looks like fun, right?  Well....  Someone has been a little cantankerous and difficult today.  I think all this baby talk is making Michael a bit anxious, and he is not feeling well (STILL).  He's currently suffering from a cold, and has been since Monday.  The cross country meet was actually fun.  I was able to hug my girlfriends and chat for just a few minutes, and Michael enjoyed watching the runners.  We talked about the potential of Michael running in this race one day, and he asked if I would cheer for him. I told him, OF COURSE!, I would cheer for him!  

After the meet, though, things went downhill.  I suppose it's because the meet was over around lunch time/nap time.  And, being the stubborn mother that I am, I insisted upon taking him to this boutique to shop for the baby.  He had ZERO interest in shopping for the baby. Like most three year olds, he wanted to shop for himself!  After a good bit of arguing in the store, he picked out a present for the baby and about five things for "giraffe"  (aka: Michael!).  

We then met Josh over at the office, and walked to a sandwich shop for lunch.  Of course Michael would not eat one bite of his lunch.  You see, he wanted CHIPS for lunch.  And, being the mean mother that I am,  I said, "absolutely not."  Which then led to crying, begging, and pleading for the chips.  It was really a delightful lunch, I must say.  Not exactly what I had in mind for today, but that's the way it goes sometimes.  Josh and I shook our heads in fear when we said goodbye at the office.  Tomorrow we're going to be embarking on a whole new journey. 

I suppose we're ready as we will ever be... 





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Kate...I will be thinking of you guys all day and wish you all the best!

Kim, Dave, and Ethan

Amanda said...

Good luck tomorrow! I can't wait to hear all about your new journey.

4 Gobblers said...

Ahh... the joys of parenting! Ain't it fun?? Good luck tomorrow!

Jamie said...

Best of luck (today). Can't wait to hear the news, boy or girl and what name you guys decide on.

So sorry you day did not turn out as planned. And you're right in the pics it looks like fun. He's just too cute.

Again good luck, we'll be thinking of you tomorrow (today).

Take care and rest up,
~Jamie