Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Why Mom?

These are some of the questions that I answered "WES-tesrday"  (Michael's term for "yesterday") posed by Michael Benton...


1.  Why we pick up Duncan, Mom? 

2.  How do we get there, Mom? 

3.  Why Duncan get his haircut, Mom?

4.  Why we pick Duncan up, Mom?

5.  What I can do, Mom?

6.  What I can have, Mom?  (referencing food here...)

7.  Why we pick up Duncan, Mom?  (1,000 more times!!)

(All of these questions were asked repeatedly in the hour that it took to drop Duncan off at the groomer's and pick Duncan up from the groomer's.  Between the baby splitting my ribs and Michael firing questions, I was ready to pull out my or call the doc to up the c-section date. Kidding, of course.)

After we finished dinner last evening, Josh mentioned something about calling the police department to have the car seat installed and inspected.  I literally jumped at the chance to take the car seat to the sheriff's office, so that I could have  a little bit of a break from the line of questions.  I felt kind of guilty for a second for wanting a peaceful drive down main street, but the feelings of guilt quickly passed.  And, so did the opportunity to cruise down Main St by myself, the officer came to our HOUSE and installed the seats! (You have to love small towns!!)

Some days Michael just wakes up and is absolutely full of energy from sun-up to sun-down, it's truly  astounding!  "WES-terday" was one of those days that he had a lot on his mind, and needed more clarification on things than usual.  He also took a really fantastic nap (over two hours!), I suspect that his brain probably needed a break from all of the neurons that were firing.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring...I have lots of plans for the two of us!  Some of the things that we have discussed include (but are not limited to): playing tennis, going to the park with my friend and her daughter, setting up his tent in the backyard, painting, baking, and going to visit with Grandma and Pap-Pap.  

Michael and I are really soaking up the days that we get spend together, just the two of us. He may ask a lot of questions, but he's certainly my little sweetheart.  And, truth be told, I love the questions.

    

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is just a curious little guy...their eargerness to learn is awesome :) It is so great that you all are getting to spend so much one on one time together right now before the new arrival gets here...have fun!

Amy