We're having a wonderful day: the temperature is much cooler (HOORAY!), we have been able to relax, and enjoy some time with my Grandparents, the baby isn't splitting my ribs and back, and we even completed a few errands!
This morning Michael and I did a little craft. Honestly, these crafts are perfect for him because of his three-year old attention span. They are incredibly simple and interactive, but quick. Brevity is key with toddlers, or so I'm learning. So, here's a picture of Michael painting the "B's" for "Bumble Bee". (The lower case b's and d's and p's really throw him for a loop. I completely understand, they all look the same to me, too.) I don't have a picture of the letter B, as a bumble bee, so you'll have to trust that it's very cute. Maybe he'll pose for a picture after his nap with the official finished product. ; ) (Again, check out the links to No Time for Flash Cards, it's a fantastic blog!!)
After we completed the craft and cleaned up, Michael decided that he wanted to play with the new chalk board and spell some words. We did that for a little bit, and then got ready to complete our errands. The number one errand being, a haircut!
Around lunch time we went to see my grandparents, for our weekly lunch visit. We had a delicious lunch, as usual Michael stuffed himself with whatever my grandmother offered him to eat (or, drink). And, of course, we played in my grandparents' yard. Their yard is like a fantasy land to him, it's so precious! He explores, plays with his cars, inspects the grass and the dirt, it's almost like he's never seen such an amazing back yard.
And, now here we are at nap time. I'm sitting on our bed, with all the windows open and the fan blowing, taking in all of this deliciously cool air. The baby is moving quite a bit and is kicking up a storm. Sometimes I wonder if I'm growing an octopus because I'm feeling little jabs ALL over my stomach. How's that possible? : ) I love it, I really do...

2 comments:
Looks like a fantastic day!
I can't imagine what a neat experience it must be to watch MB play in the same backyard that you did as a kid...very cool...very cool :)
Love,
Amy
Post a Comment