Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Just like the other kids...

A couple of weeks ago Josh's friends from work hosted a surprise baby shower for Josh.  Michael and I had the honor of being the "surprise shower guests"!  One of the gifts that Josh's friends gave Michael was a Cars lunch box.  This lunch box is very precious to our little Michael.  He loves taking his "lunch" to Peggy's house, even though she makes the children a delicious homemade lunch every day.  Michael and I do pack little snacks in his lunch box, though. 
I didn't realize that the majority of the children bring a little snack from home, in a lunch box.  I used to pack him snacks, but he would never eat them and always preferred what the sitter had to offer for snack time. You can imagine his excitement when he received the Cars lunch box two weeks ago because now he is just like his friends: he brings a snack to Peggy's in his very cool lunch box!  He feels very special right now, and really enjoys figuring out what to pack for his snack everyday.  His enthusiasm is just precious, and I love it!  

The routine with the babysitter is working very well right now.  I think he is getting the perfect amount of "being a kid time"/play time, socialization time, mixed in with learning time.  He's much more comfortable with the routine than he was a couple of weeks ago. Every once in awhile he'll ask if he can stay with Mommy (or, Daddy) and then he runs off with his friends.  

I'm so grateful that we've had the time to get Michael settled into this new routine before the baby comes. 

0 comments: