

I like to think of the last month of pregnancy, just as I think of the last three miles of a marathon: misery, with a hint of accomplishment.
This morning I went to my 36 week appointment with the most awful rib and back pain ever. On my way to the hospital, I kept thinking, "Maybe today is the day!" I knew better, though. We're not even close to being done.
The appointment went well. The baby is still head down, yay. My cervix has not dilated at all, (insert cuss word). I gained two pounds in a week, and I don't even care at this point. I could gain fifty over the next month and not care, as long as this back/rib pain is here. My bp is good 104/60, and the baby's heartrate was in the 140's today. Things are looking great, according to the doc. I sure do wish I "felt" great, though. At many points during the day, I could rip someone's head off- that's how terrible I feel right now. : (
The doctor and I talked a smidgen more about the VBAC. I had to schedule the c-section date, just in case I go past the baby's due date. We don't have a time set, though, so it's all very tentative. There is a definite end in sight, however.
To Winter
5 years ago

4 comments:
Hang in there Kate!! You will easily forget about all this pain when you are holding that little bundle of joy! I'm so glad to hear everything is going so well. Can't wait to meet the little one.
Take care~
Melissa
Hang in there! Almost done! Keep us all posted too!
Almost there....yeah!!
You can do it!!
I love your attitude~~It makes me smile! I can feel your pain. The end is the worst, but just think of what you have to look forward to when that beautiful baby comes out, you forget all real pain. :)
You should put a countdown ticker on your blog....
Love you~~Melis xxxxx
Hang in there love...
Post a Comment