Last evening, as Josh and I were getting ready for bed, I brought up the topic of baby names. His response was, "Yeah. We do need to decide on a "team name", I guess." Then he caught himself, and started cracking up with laughter. If you know my husband, you know that

he is a HUGE Fantasy Football fanatic. (HUGE!) So, for the past two weeks, he's been throwing out "team names" for the two FF leagues that he will be participating in this fall. I told him that he needs to change his focus to the
baby, not fantasy league.
This morning I had a doctor's appointment. Everything is going well, according to the doctor. I've gained two pounds over the last two weeks. (Supposedly the baby gains like a half a pound a week from now until the delivery.) My blood pressure is great and the belly measurement is right on. The baby's heart rate today today was 128, its lowest measure to date! The doctor said that the baby is now head down, which is great news. I'm still thinking we're having a boy, and Josh is CONVINCED the baby is girl!
We discussed the VBAC plan in more detail today, which was helpful. I asked the doctor if I would be able to go two weeks past the due date before scheduling me for a cesarean. He clearly and unmistakably said, "No." : ) Apparently, if I don't have the baby around the due date then I will be scheduled for a section just a few days past the due date. As it stands, I really only have six weeks left! Due to my experience with Michael, I was banking on six to EIGHT weeks. (I'm a procrastinator, this on time delivery, or even early(?) delivery, has thrown me waaaay off! )One of the main reasons for scheduling the section so close to the due date pertains to the size of the baby. If the baby is "big", there is a greater risk of uterine rupture and extra pressure placed on the scar during the delivery. When I learned that I would not be given an extra week or two, I made a mental note to run/walk as much as possible once I hit 38 weeks. Maybe that will help move things along, I'm going to run this baby out! (Inductions are not done on women who have had cesareans (at this practice), due to the risk of a uterine rupture. So, no pitocin for me and the babe this time around.)
In other news, I have not felt well all day. I'm not sure if it's because I got up so early this morning to meet the running group or if it was just an off day. (It is still absolutely fine for me to be running at this point, though I'd hardly call it running!) After the appointment, I made a quick lunch and went right to sleep. I stayed in bed until it was time to pick up Michael from the sitter. I've been feeling crampy all day, with lots of pressure in my belly. I discussed these feelings with the doctor this morning, and everything I'm feeling is normal. He said that I will start to have more braxton hicks contractions earlier than I did with Michael. And that the best medicine is rest and water--no problem there! After learning more about the VBAC today, I am welcoming the contractions.
This little one is encouraged to start moving things along!

2 comments:
How exciting! I hope the little one comes right on time so you won't have to worry about the c-section! That is too cute that Jsoh had a little blip there for a moment with his FF name vs the babies!
I am glad your appointment went well!! You're almost there!!
I hope you are feeling better today and get as much rest as possible!!
Post a Comment