I don't even know where to begin writing about our day, especially when the post begins with a picture of Josh walking on water! What else is there to say, other than we're on vacation and having so much fun together!
Here's an update, though:
The water is incredibly rough today. In fact, there is a rip tide warning issued for the next three days, which is a little scary. It is also incredibly windy on the beach. Our beach blanket was completely covered in sand because of the wind. And, it is virtually impossible to use the umbrella today, without taking the risk of impaling a fellow beach goer. Even though the wind is strong and the waves are scary, we were able to spend all morning and a good part of the afternoon on the beach. The wind makes the beach feel like the perfect temperature! It was a little overcast as well, so we didn't feel like the sun was beating on our skin. Josh and Michael are in charge of snacks for the beach, so we were stocked with plenty of food to get us past lunch time. : )
Michael still has a cold, but he's such a trooper. The cold hasn't slowed him down at all, thank goodness! His little nose is so red from wiping and the sand, but he hasn't complained one time about his nose hurting. Yesterday Josh and Michael took a little break from the beach and headed to the aquarium. They enjoyed roaming around together and checking out the sharks. We also went out to "dinner" yesterday afternoon (3pm), so that we could enjoy the evening hours on the beach.
The evening on the beach was just lovely, aside from nearly being attacked by seagulls! The family right beside our special "spot" decided to give their children bread to feed the gulls. And, much to our dismay, the children threw the bread in our direction. Josh and I were furious, in fact I was muttering many cuss words (even the f word!) under my breath as the gulls fought three feet above my head. It was a fun time! : ) These friendly neighbors also had an umbrella up yesterday that almost hit me. The mother seemed a little annoyed that I didn't chase after it into the dunes. At eight months pregnant, the only thing I chase after is Michael, and on occasion...Duncan. (The wind was strong yesterday, as well.) My temper isn't the same these days, so after the sea gull attack I was ready to shoot our beach neighbors a few looks. The parents didn't think anything of the attack, though. In fact, it was a great "photo op"!
Since we weren't physically injured, Josh and I have been laughing about that experience all day. We just might bring out a little bread ourselves this evening....; )
More pictures to come later. There are too many to post, I'm afraid.

2 comments:
I LOVE hearing about your little 'temper', which is perfectly normal at 8 months pregnant!!
Your son is adorable, i love all the photos!!
Enjoy the last few days....
Besides the sea gull incident and too much wind, it looks like you are all making the most out of it. Its too bad you have not so nice neightbors, but I like your idea about taking some bread out this evening and do a little feeding yourselfs!
Post a Comment