Tuesday, August 19, 2008

He's breaking the rules!








Michael has a cold.  (Darn it!)  This morning when I lazily got out of bed at 8am, Michael was snuggled up on the couch with his favorite blankets.  Josh looked at me and said, "he's sick."  Of course, I rushed over to Michael B and smothered him with hugs and kisses.  Michael said his belly hurts, and then it changed to his throat, and then to his nose.  I told Michael that we don't get sick on vacation!  And, hurricanes are not allowed on vacation, either.  


Like the good, understanding parents that we are, Josh and I put on our bathing suits and sunscreen and headed out to the beach.   Michael had no choice but to follow suit.  Surprisingly, Michael did just fine on the beach, he played in the sand and waves and had a little snack.  I served as the human tissue, anytime the mucous started dripping he used the "flap" of my bathing suit as a wipe.  We enjoyed a lovely little morning on the beach, and we are eager to head back out after Michael wakes.  

Michael has been asking about when we're going home, though.  I think he misses his home, and he even misses the most hyper dog on the planet (Duncan).  However, Josh and I don't share his feelings, at this time.  : ) 

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh, that stinks that he's sick. Even though he has a runny nose (and you are the tissues) it seems like he is getting by just fine. But I'm sure he will sleep good for you two when its time.

Kelly A said...

Poor little guy :(

At least he's being a trooper about it! It's amazing how kids can just push on and "us" adults have a harder time!!

I hope he feels better soon! Enjoy the rest of your week!! :)

The Sweet Family said...

There is nothing worse than being sick on Vacation!!!

Keep his mind off of the cold and keep on keeping on!

BTW, from the pics, the weather looks fantastic!

Melis B said...

What a bummer...poor little sweet pea. Give him a kiss from his girlfriends.

I love that last photo~your face (smile) is priceless. You can tell you are having a great time. I'm glad Fay didn't wreak any havic on your vaca.

Enjoy....Melis