What a day we've had! The painter showed up with his crew this morning, I was still in my pajamas. (Classy.) The painter is a free spirited- kind of guy, who will randomly show up for an estimate or to start (and complete) a job. He does a fantastic job. We just have different mindsets. I'm a little bit on the wanting to know the schedule side of things. I knew that at some point this week, Michael and I would be given the boot out of the house for the majority of the day. I just was not sure as to which day this would occur.
And so....Today was the day.
Michael and I began our day with a walk around the park loop, which was hotter than hot. (Why do I torture myself so?) Michael was a complete doll, though, with his ride in the jogging stroller. We then went to the playground, where I sat my big butt down while he played in the sand with some other children. After playing in the sandbox, we did a little grocery shopping and headed home.
Michael and I were curious about the paint job, so we went upstairs to check on the progress. As is turned out I'm glad I did because the baby's room was accidentally painted the WRONG color. : ( (Taupe, it's supposed to be blue.) So, I calmly walked back downstairs with Michael and got him situated, so that I could go back upstairs to let the crew member know that the color was not right. I can't stand doing things like that... confrontation is not my strong suit. It was really no big deal, and the situation was handled just fine.
At this point, I knew that a nap for Michael was going to be impossible since most of the second floor is being painted and other crew members were going to be coming in and out the rest of the afternoon. As a result we did what do every day: hit the swimming pool! (Poor, poor Michael.) This was our longest stretch at the pool this summer, we stayed from one until five. Michael actually got so tired at the pool, that he laid a towel out on the concrete because he wanted a spot to rest. I was at a loss as to what to do with the nap situation. We could have gone to either set of grandparent's, but I really doubted that he would go to sleep easily at either house. Just walking in the door of Michael and Mary Jane's or my parents' home makes Michael quiver with excitement.
Michael went to bed easily this evening. Not one complaint.
Our house is in shambles because I'm tired from today and Josh is working late. I feel like it's pointless to clean the house right now with all this traffic from the painting crew. They will be here all day tomorrow, too.
The paint colors are FAB-U-LOUS, which makes all this chaos worth it in the long run. Michael's room is a taupe, the baby's room is blue (love this blue!!), and our bedroom is a greenish-blue. I can't wait to clean and get the house put back together this weekend and early next week. It's going to take some time, but it's such a relief to have the painting almost complete.

1 comments:
Painting is SO MUCH FUN and even more fun when someone else is doing the work. I love walking into the room for the 1st time once the color change is complete to see the full transformation!
Smiles,
Amy
Post a Comment