Monday, July 21, 2008

Still the One..

You're still the one that makes me laugh
Still the one that's my better half
We're still having fun, and you're still the one

You're still the one that makes me strong
Still the one I want to take along
We're still having fun, and you're still the one

Josh and I celebrated our SEVEN year anniversary today! We spent the day as a family. I believe that all three (really, four...)of us enjoyed each and every minute. Josh took the day off, which meant so much to me, just having him home another day during the week is such a blessing. This morning we attempted to take Michael to a "snake showing" at the local library, but it was extremely crowded. Naturally, Michael cried and cried and cried because he was extremely excited about the show. I knew that the guest speaker was going to do another show close to home at a later time, so we planned our day around the two o'clock snake show. (The things you do for your kids!) After breaking Michael's heart, we headed on over to town and Josh did a little shopping, while I drooled at the summer sales at Ann Taylor Loft. (At this point, I refuse to buy ANY MORE maternity clothes.) We had a deliciously fattening lunch, and then went to Target to look for some baby items that we need to purchase.

By this point, it was time for the snake show. The library was PACKED. It was truly unbelievable. I was so thankful that we got there early because Michael was able to see the snakes and other reptiles really well. He was in awe every time the speaker brought out a different snake. Josh I were impressed at how much we learned. In fact, all three of us touched many different snakes at the end of the show. The only part of the show that made me a little uncomfortable was the fact that the speaker would hold five or six snakes at a time in his hands. Yiiiiikesss. (I got a little restless during that part of the show!)

After the "Snakes Alive" show, we treated ourselves to an ice cream cone from the frozen custard stand. Michael fell off the picnic table, he was trying to lean back on the table like me, and took a nose dive in the grass. It was actually pretty funny. He wasn't hurt at all and his ice cream was salvageable, thank goodness. On our way home, Josh and I made a joint decision to run him into the ground, instead of putting him down for a late nap.

Once I had a quick rest on the couch, the three of us headed to the pool. Michael is now basically able to float on his belly, with his head submerged!!!! It's absolutely amazing. He "swam" under water back and forth to Josh and me all evening long. We were so proud of him. It's clear that he is very comfortable with the water and understands how to hold his breath. He just might be able to join the swim team when he turns five. : )

We had a wonderful day. I never imagined that I would be this blessed seven years ago. Having a life like this, and a husband like Josh is a true blessing. I can't imagine having children and sharing all the days of my life with anyone other than Josh.



You're still the one who can scratch my itch
Still the one and I wouldn't switch
We're still having fun, and you're still the one

You are still the one that makes me shout
Still the one that I dream about
We're still having fun, and you're still the one...

(Orleans.)

Pictures to come tomorrow, the battery died earlier this evening...

7 comments:

Melis B said...

You two are so amazing and wholeheartedly deserve each other!!

You are a wonderful couple~~Congratulations!!

May you have 70 more years ahead of you!! May joy and happiness always bless your life.

We love you,
M&C

Kelly A said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

What a sweet post!! I am so glad you guys were able to spend such a wonderful day together!! :) Those are the best!

The Sweet Family said...

Happy Anniversary! Spending it together is always best.

Cheers to another year!

Amanda said...

Wow, 7 years. That is wonderful! It is a blessing to find that special someone you can spend the rest of your life with. Congrates!

Melissa Schneider said...

Please know that your love for eachother and your family is an inspiration to all that are privilged enough to share in your lives!

Happy 7th Anniversary!

All my love,

Missy

Jamie said...

Congrats to 7 years. That's great. So glad you all got to spend the day together.Sounds like you had a fun day.

Here's to many more.

Happy Anniversary!

~Jamie

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the 1st and 3rd K-H's! I love your post and the reference to the song by Orleans...I hear it on XM all the time and it the lyrics are perfect.

I am so happy for you all Kate; happy for your love and your beautiful family.

Smiles,
Amy