Sunday, July 20, 2008

Pulling a name out of the hat...

My brother, Clay, thinks that we should put all of our favorite names into a hat, and on the day the baby is born pull out a name. I think we'd use two hats, one for a boy and one for a girl. It's actually not too bad of an idea at this point.

Here is the list of "hat" names for a girl:

Hazel
Norah (Josh prefers Nora, I don't.)
Rosemary
Rachel
Anna

Middle Names for a girl:

Rose (my mother's maiden name, a very old family name! NOT because we want to be like Nicole Kidman!!! Rose was my middle name, prior to gettin' hitched to Josh.)
Clay (see below...)
Rosemary
Mary (Josh's mother's first name...)
Ferrell


And, for a boy:

William
Matthew
Henry
Nathan

Middle Names for a boy:

Clay (very, very old family name...my Grandmother's middle name, her mother's maiden name....and so on. This is ALSO Josh's middle name, which makes it even more special...)
Ferrell (well, you know...)
Joshua (no explanation needed, I would hope...)

That's where we're standing today! Not much going on our way. We're "nesting" and talking about paint colors. (Yes, Josh is nesting, too.)  Fun stuff! I wonder who will have the honor of pulling the name from the hat? Mary? (Our doula.) Or, the OBGYN? : ) I'm sure this list will be updated a 1000 times or so between now and October! Maybe I'll just provide a weekly update with names....Who knows what we will come up with on our way to and from the beach in August!

5 comments:

4 Gobblers said...

All lovely names. I like the hat idea! I think YOU should be the one to pull the name out, though. You will be doing all the hard work! :)

Amanda said...

I was thinking of the hat trick myself. For us it would be when we find out if its a boy or girl, but if we can't decide on a name, that would be my way to go. Good luck! All the names sounds so cute!

Noelle said...

Katie, I love ALL your name choices. I think it's so great to carry on the family names too. Aiden's middle name is Vasilios after his great grandfather!

Anonymous said...

The hat is a great idea!! I think it would be neat for Michael to draw the names. I bet he would love that!! :))))))

Just a thought.....

Take care, Melissa

Anonymous said...

I love the use of family names...whatever you pick - will be perfect :)


Amy