Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Belated Birthday Wishes

The running girls had a belated birthday party for me this morning.  We got started around 5:30.  : )  I didn't run today, instead I walked a couple miles with one of my dearest friends. Normally, I'm all cheerful and on top of the world after the running birthday parties.  Today, I'm just feeling a little blue.  I miss the girls so much and I miss running with them so much. There's no need to offer condolences...or cyber hugs because I know I'll be back out there in just a few short months, but I just really miss my friends!  Sure, we can email, call, walk every once in awhile; but it's not the same as beginning  a run in the dark and watching the sunrise as you hear about a friend's son who is getting ready for his freshman orientation at an AMAZING college or hearing a story about a friend's husband that makes you want to pee your pants. 


I just really, really, really miss those girls!  : ( And, the running! I miss the effortless running and the feeling of being fit.  We're planning a marathon, though, for the fall of 2009 so I've got that training to look forward to once I bounce back.  And, this morning as I was driving in to meet the group, I realized that when I start back the weather will be cool!  The air will be breathable! That's something to look forward to, right?  

I'd like to try to run tomorrow, just a mile...maybe two?  Maybe that will help me feel more like myself...

I can't say it enough...I just really don't want to have another c-section!
 


4 comments:

Kelly A said...

Aww...Your post makes me want to give you a big hug :)

Your pregnancy will and already has gone by so fast.....you will be back with your friends before you know it!!!

Hang in there!!!!! Here's a BIG cyber HUG!!!

Kelly

Amanda said...

Its great to have amazing friends like that! But, like you said, you will be out there soon doing your thing. Good luck with the run today!

Noelle said...

Katie, that's great that you are still running. I am actually starting to run again..it's gonna take a while for me to get back into it, but I'm trying to stick with it.

Hang in there ..you will back at it in no time!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kate :)

I love to read about your passion and dedication to running...it is inspiring. It is never fun to feel left out for any reason...I think a marathon in the fall of 2009 will just be perfect timing for you and def something to look forward to :)

I'll miss the runs at the beach this year!

Love
Amy