Monday, June 09, 2008

The Magic Shirt!




23 Weeks Today!  

Where is the time going???? : (  Once I get past the nauseous, exhausted, and moody feelings of the first trimester; I really love being pregnant!  I love feeling the baby move and seeing my shirt pop up and down throughout the day.  I also love the little bump, and the way the little bump looks in maternity clothes.  I love feeling so healthy, and I love those gigantic prenatal vitamins.  The second trimester really is the honeymoon phase of pregnancy!  

Today a girlfriend from school, who is about 19 weeks pregnant, exclaimed that "my bump" looks so tiny compared to "her bump".  I made sure to explain that the shirt that I am wearing today, which is from Ann Taylor Loft Maternity, is magic!  Somehow, the pants that I wore to school and the top made the bump appear slightly smaller.  I'm not sure if it's the pattern or the cut of the shirt, but it's definitely one of my favorites!  The Loft maternity line is awesome.  I wish the clothes were a tad bit cheaper, but the sales make up for the original prices. My eyes are set on this adorable madras skirt, I'm waiting for the day it is marked down!  

The best news of our day is that Michael is on the mend!  Thank Goodness!  (It's about time.)  He had a fabulous day--no accidents at the sitter's AND (drum roll!) he even had a BM on the toilet at the sitter's!!  (Very, very big deal!!)  He said the funniest thing when we got home this evening.  I asked him if he said hello to the baby today, and he made some comment about the baby growing.  I then said, "Yes, Michael, the baby is growing everyday!"  Michael then said, "The baby is making your legs bigger, Mom?"  

The story behind the legs... Last week, I was trying on my new maternity bathing suit and I groaned to Michael that the baby is making my legs huge.  Of course, he remembered.  He associates the baby with making my legs, not my belly, bigger....




3 comments:

Jamie said...

Too cute, Love the legs story. It's so funny the things kids remember.

Glad that MB is on the mend. You look great. Glad pregnancy is treating you well.

Have a great week...
~Jamie

The Sweet Family said...

I think you look fantastic!

It is so funny what children pick up? Too cute!!!

Take care!

Anonymous said...

Awh - you look so cute Kate and I love the outfit! I bet the madras skirt is adorable too!

MB's story about your legs cracked me up! He is so funny :)