Sunday, June 22, 2008

29 for the First Time!


Today I turned "29", for the "first time"!  ; )   

Our day was wonderful.  Josh and I struggled to get out of bed this morning due to a very, very late night.  (We went to an amazing wedding and stayed out very late for a pregnant gal.)  I actually felt like I had a hangover this morning, I was so tired.  It was awful!  

After Josh and I recuperated from our fun night out, we cleaned out our cars.  It only took a couple of hours.  : )  (Not kidding, wish I was, though...)  Between the heat, Michael, and the filth,  the car cleaning was an  arduous process.  

After the cleaning marathon, Josh and I sat down to watch the movie Juno.  My youngest brother, Clay, highly recommended that we watch this movie.  I thought it was heart warming and endearing.  The characters were amazing, I especially liked Juno's boyfriend and the father.  I wanted to hug both of them, especially at the end of the movie. 

To end the day, the three of us went out to dinner with my parents. We shared a wonderful meal.  I couldn't have asked for a sweeter day.   

And, the best birthday present of all arrives tomorrow.  Any guesses on what that might be?  It starts with a "W"....  And, to me, is one of the most wonderful times of the YEAR!

7 comments:

Melis B said...

This might be a dumb question...but does Wimbledon start tommorow? Are you going? I know you love it, but that might be a dumb question for your fav thing coming tomorrow. I might have to google it now.....

Hope I'm not retarded~~ heehee

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! GLAD YOU HAD A WONDERFUL DAY! You deserve it, you are the BEST!!!

WE love you,
Melis, Cary, L&A

4 Gobblers said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I wish I'd known! :) Glad you had an awesome day. Had a wonderful time catching up and laughing lots last night! Talk to you in July!

Kelly A said...

Happy Birthday!!!

I am so glad you had a great Birthday weekend!! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy, HAPPY, happy birthday Kate!

I thought about you lots this weekend - I'm so excited to hear that you had a wonderful birthday!



Love you!
Amy

Timbrook Boys said...

"29!" Well one more year and you can join me in the "30" year old club!! Of course, I am kidding. I hope that you had a wonderful birthday. Thank you so much for all your comments on the blog, I really love your blog as well. Have a fun filled summer and lets get together on day.

Love ya
Deb

The Sweet Family said...

Happy Belated Birthday Katie!

Hugs,
Amy

Amanda said...

Happy belated bday! You turned 29 a day before me!