Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Those CRAZY Running Parties!

I'm a tired gal!  The running girls have these amazing little running birthday parties, which begin at 5:30 am!!  Crazy, right?  We run a few miles, sing to the birthday girl, eat cake, and open presents--all before 6:30, or so!! Sometimes we run a little late...with the eating and chatting, not the actual running part.  


In order to make it to the party, I had to get up at 4:45 this morning.  That's very early! However,  it is completely worth the loss of about fifteen minutes of sleep.  Absolutely worth it.  I love my running friends and would do anything for them...so waking a little extra early is fine by me. The girls make me laugh and laugh, I'm on a little birthday party high for the rest of the day.  However,  I'm now very tired now and ready for bed.  

Michael, it seems, does NOT like the running parties!  I didn't come home between the party and school today, so I was not around for the good morning routine.  Each morning we hug, sometimes we rock, and sometimes I just hold him.  We really like our morning snuggle time.  Michael actually refused to go to the sitter's today, I think, because he did not understand why I wasn't back from running!  He knows I run in the morning, but I always come home and we have our routine.  Josh said he cried and made numerous excuses about why he shouldn't leave.  He has never, ever, ever done this before!  He never made mention of the fact that I wasn't home, but he knew that something wasn't right.  Once he got to the sitter's he was quite happy and was ready to play cars. 

So intuitive...and such a sweetheart of a son....

Good Night!  

1 comments:

Kelly A said...

Aw...That is so sweet!! It's always nice to know that someone misses you, but it's extra special when it's your child!!

They sure can make your heart melt!