Here we are, at 19weeks already!
Wednesday is our big ultrasound, the one where you can possibly find out the gender. I am reminding myself that this is the ultrasound that lets us know if the baby is healthy and growing as it should be at this point. At the last appointment we received information about the impending ultrasound. The instructions included the amount of water I am supposed to drink before the appointment, as well as something else that has struck a chord with me. The instructions read something like, "this is ultrasound is NOT to determine the gender of the baby, it is to monitor the health and the development of the baby."
I keep telling Josh that something doesn't feel right about finding out the gender this week. I'm just so grateful to God for the opportunity to carry another baby, that all I want to know is that the baby is healthy and is growing. Gender makes no difference to me. Pink rooms, blue rooms, pink clothes, blue clothes; who cares? Just as long as this baby is healthy, that's what I care about.

4 comments:
Oh girlie! You look so stupendously lovely... I hope you're continuing to feel well. I'm excited for you all about your appointment on Wed... I totally understand your sentiments. I was right there with you on so many different levels during both of my pregnancies. I just couldn't help that when the timing was right, I was just SO eager to know WHAT was in there!! For me, it went from being "what" was in there, to "who" was in there... It gave me the ability to put a proverbial face to the name. If you know what I mean.
I will be praying steadfastly for you all for a positive experience on Wednesday... Be Well!
::HUGS::
You have the cuttest pregnant belly!! :)
Oh Kate - you look amazing and these pictures are just so very special *tears in my eyes*
I'm sure the thought of knowing or finding out is super exciting - it has to be - this is one of lifes best kept secrets so it is hard not to ponder finding out :)
Can't wait to hear how it goes - all the way around!
You look absolutely fantastic!
Keep us posted on Pink or Blue!!!
BTW, what was your Mother's day gift from your guys? (I didn't see the post)
Take Care!!!
Post a Comment