Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Could you hear it???



The gigantic sigh of relief at 5pm from our home? No?!?! Are you sure because it was pretty loud and clear!!

Happy Tax Day, friends!! Josh is home. Actually, he's not really home because he had his over 30 basketball league game this evening. But tomorrow night he'll be home on time, yay! And he will be able to help with the bath and the books and the keeping Michael B IN BED. (He likes to get up numerous times before he falls asleep. I'd like to stick him back in the crib right now, and I even told Michael that this evening. He then went right to sleep.)

I officially have a craving. Rita's Italian Ice. Good grief. I've eaten more Italian Ice over the past two weeks than I have my whole life. My very favorite flavor is mango. Thank goodness for the Rita's club card, I'm on my way to receiving my first free ice. The cravings could be worse, right? Ice cream with pickles, Potato Chips, Soda...A child's size Italian Ice is harmless... and OH! SO! GOOOOD!!! I don't even miss coffee anymore, which is shocking to me. I wonder if we could install an Italian Ice machine so that I could have a morning serving as well? It's a great little break before I pick Michael B up from daycare. My dad thinks it's cruel that I don't take Michael B, but he really doesn't seem to enjoy Italian Ice. He prefers ice cream, and we're just not doing that every day! : )

2 comments:

The Sweet Family said...

I think it is FANTASTIC that you take time for yourself to have a little treat before heading to pick up MB.

I often think about stopping at DQ (because we have nothing like Rita's here) and get a chocolate dipped cone. MMMM that sounds so good.

Might be a good lunch treat; thanks Katie!

Anonymous said...

Oh Kate, I'm so happy for you all that April 15th finally arrived! What a relief! It is awesome that this time with the pregnancy more of it will fall out of tax season than in :) I love your craving - haha! And yes, I'm sure it could be worse...italian ice's aren't bad for you at all - right? :) I'd say ice cream every day would not be a good plan of attack! Love you, Amy