
It's no secret that I L-O-V-E the NCAA tournament. And, it's not because of the brackets. Trust me.
This afternoon, since two o'clock, I've had the tournament on in the family room. Josh left the office around five o'clock so that he could get home in time for the Davidson game. He missed about the first ten minutes, or so. (Again, gooooo NC bball!!) As soon as he walked in, we retreated as a family (dog and child included), to watch the rest of the first half. At the end of the first half, Josh rushed Michael upstairs for his bath since it was half-time. I worked on dinner while Josh bathed Michael B. They made it downstairs just in time for the second half!
Here's where the shame comes in....
Dinner was ready with about six minutes left in the game. Josh encouraged me to serve dinner in the breakfast nook, so that we could watch the game. (Encouragement was not needed.) As a family, we watched the last few minutes, and cheered for Davidson, especially when Curry nailed a three. Michael mimicked the obnoxiously loud clapping and whooping at the table. We finished dinner with about two minutes left to go in the game. (We really didn't eat that fast, the end of close bball games always take a good twenty minutes, at least!) Without saying a word, the three of us left the food on the table and assumed our positions in the family room.
Holding our breath, we watched the Cinderella story of the tournament come to an end. : (
And, now we're at the final four. How is that possible??? I'm so sad!! Why does March Madness have to end so quickly???

3 comments:
You are so funny and SO NOT the worst parents at all!! We also ate in front of the tv and I only fixed grilled cheese sandwiches and broccoli! I was lazy and really wanted to catch Davidson and really wanted them to WIN!!
Have a great week Kate!!
Hope you are feeling GREAT!!
Hugs,
Melis
I think it is so cool that you all share your love for this sport and the event with Michael...he is going to have the best memories when he gets older of these times & I'm sure it is a tradition that he will carry on...it really is so special to share something like this as a family.
yep BBall is a Family Tradition. Glad the youngest is into it. Next year MB needs to pick his first bracket. He would be at least as good as James or Grandma. Congrates on the new addition
Uncle BigCat
Post a Comment