Spring break is coming to an end, but what an end it has been!!
Here's a re-cap of the past three days:
Thursday was a great day. Josh, Michael, and I all had separate dinner/evening plans. Josh is playing in an "over 30" basketball league. All of his games are on Tues/Thurs evenings. His team won on Thursday night and he was even able to get out of bed without too much pain on Friday morning. Michael went with my parents and his Aunt Patty to dinner. From what I hear, he was well behaved and enjoyed the night away from his mom and dad. I had the best deal of all--dinner with my girlfriends. Carrie, Nikki, Amy, and I went out to one of our favorite restaurants. The meal was delicious, but just being able to spend some time with my dear friends was wonderful. They love me so much that they stood around with me to watch the end of the WVU/Xavier bball game.
Friday, Michael and I packed up and headed to Grandma Rose's house for the night. We got to her house just in time for lunch. We had a yummy meal with my Aunt Doris. After lunch, we went back to Grandma's house for a visit. My parents were along for the trip, as well, so I was able to take an incredibly long afternoon nap. Michael worked outside with my dad. He did not nap. : )
This morning, Michael and I played with the Lego's and cars at Grandma's house. We went out to lunch with Grandma. The meal was delicious and very fattening. : ( (I had a few too many fries, I'm afraid!!) Michael and I then headed home so that we could get to the park in time for the grand opening of the new playground!! Josh left work for a little bit so that he could be there for the grand opening, too. We enjoyed playing together for an hour or more as a family. (Michael is really missing his dad these days.)
Here's a re-cap of the past three days:
Thursday was a great day. Josh, Michael, and I all had separate dinner/evening plans. Josh is playing in an "over 30" basketball league. All of his games are on Tues/Thurs evenings. His team won on Thursday night and he was even able to get out of bed without too much pain on Friday morning. Michael went with my parents and his Aunt Patty to dinner. From what I hear, he was well behaved and enjoyed the night away from his mom and dad. I had the best deal of all--dinner with my girlfriends. Carrie, Nikki, Amy, and I went out to one of our favorite restaurants. The meal was delicious, but just being able to spend some time with my dear friends was wonderful. They love me so much that they stood around with me to watch the end of the WVU/Xavier bball game.
Friday, Michael and I packed up and headed to Grandma Rose's house for the night. We got to her house just in time for lunch. We had a yummy meal with my Aunt Doris. After lunch, we went back to Grandma's house for a visit. My parents were along for the trip, as well, so I was able to take an incredibly long afternoon nap. Michael worked outside with my dad. He did not nap. : )
This morning, Michael and I played with the Lego's and cars at Grandma's house. We went out to lunch with Grandma. The meal was delicious and very fattening. : ( (I had a few too many fries, I'm afraid!!) Michael and I then headed home so that we could get to the park in time for the grand opening of the new playground!! Josh left work for a little bit so that he could be there for the grand opening, too. We enjoyed playing together for an hour or more as a family. (Michael is really missing his dad these days.)

6 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a great time.That's so wonderful that you get some you (girl) time every once in a while.
The playground looks fabulous. Looks like you guys had a ball,we were wondering when it was going to open. Can't wait to make a trip there and check it out.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend....Sorry it's back to school on Monday.
Take Care,
~Jamie
That is so awesome!! We have been waiting for that park to open~ the kids are so excited to go there!
The photos are so cute ~~ especially the one with MB giving his Daddy a hug!!
That's so sweet. Enjoy your Sunday!!
Hugs,
Melis
I am so glad you have had a nice and relaxing week/weekend!!!
The playground looks awesome!!!! We can't wait to go:)
I hope you guys have a wonderful Sunday!
thanks for the pictures... would like to have been there with you.... good luck with "back to school"
michael
It looks like you had a wonderful spring break! Good for you guys!
I really enjoyed your story about March Madness. I am this way about College Football!
Hey Kate,
I happy your trip to PA was so great! It sounds like you all had a wonderful time and a spring break to remember - even if I was a part of the best deal on Thursday - hehehe! The park looks incredible! We are going to have to take Aliyah in a couple weeks!Love you all!
Post a Comment