Tuesday, March 25, 2008

What a "Break"!!







Wow! We have been moving, moving, moving since last Friday! I generally try to write a little each night, but by the time I get to the evening hours I'm ready for bed or there is laundry to fold. Josh is definitely, definitely in the heart of tax season right now, which stinks. We're thankful that he just has a few more weeks to go.

Easter was completely wonderful. We spent a good bit of time with Josh's cousins, Karen and Patricia, and with their amazing families. Altogether, there were seven boys sitting at the kids table for dinner on Saturday night. (Michael is included in that count.) And, yes!, he actually sat with the big boys. Karen and Patricia's children are just so awesome and are so mature, that they pretty much took care of Michael B throughout the whole dinner. Granted, I was just behind Michael, but the boys really took care of our little guy. It was almost like he was the youngest brother of the group. : )

Sunday was also completely wonderful! Mass was a smashing success, unlike Palm Sunday. The brunch at the fire hall was so yummy- I really pigged out all weekend long. And, of course the Easter egg hunt was awesome. Michael was graciously given all the easy ones by his cousins. He did a great job finding the Easter eggs and was so excited to learn that the eggs actually had CANDY inside. I think he was waaay more excited about the candy than his cousins. : ) I shudder when I think about how much candy he consumed on Sunday. We all were so sad to see the weekend come to an end. Every time we see Karen and Rob and Tricia and Brian, I wish that we lived closer to one another. We have hopes, though, of cousin Matthew heading our way for college in a few years. We're going to do our best to persuade him to seriously check out W&M this summer or this fall. (All we'll have to do is take him to the Cheese Shop.)

The rest of Sunday was spent at my parent's house while Josh worked. Michael played soccer with Clay, hid Easter eggs with my Mom, Dad, and James; while I slept on the couch in front of the warm fire. I did manage to wake so that I could see the Georgetown/Davidson game. (And, what a game it was!!)

We truly could not have asked for a better weekend. We're so blessed to have such wonderful families, and to have Michael to share in these wonderful holidays.

Tomorrow I'll (hopefully) write about my very first trip to Ikea, Horton Hears a Who, and our impending trip to DC . We're really cramming it all in this week!

6 comments:

Melis B said...

I love it...what great pictures!! I'm so happy that you had a great weekend and great Easter!!

It was great to see you on Sunday and I'm glad MB was good too.

I can't wait to hear where you are heading to in DC. Have a blast!!

~Melis

Karen Hobert Flynn said...

Katie
We had such a wonderful time with Michael, Josh and you -- it was so much fun! The boys loved spending time with Michael -- and I loved to see how Michael was so engrossed in every move the boys made. But Michael was also so sweet with the adults! When he told me Saturday night that he loved me, i just melted! And Rob said that he had a great time wrestling with Michael B, Michael Flynn and Danny. They just laughed and goofed around -- without you or Josh nearby! He is really growing up! We love you. Karen

Kelly A said...

I am so glad you guys had a nice Easter with your family!!! That's what it's all about:)

I love MB's outfit!! He is such a handsome little man!!

I hope you enjoy the rest of your week:)

The Sweet Family said...

I LOVE the pics! MB looks so handsome in his outfit! He looks like he had the time of his life!

Thanks for sharing and enjoy DC!

Anonymous said...

Awh Kate, your holiday looks and sounds awesome! I am so happy that you all had a wonderful weekend with your families and the pics are just adorable. I had to laugh out loud about MB being so excited to find candy in the eggs...it is so fun to watch little ones discover things for the "first" time! Love you and have a fantastic week! Can't wait to hear about your adventures :)

M the Mommy said...

Thank you so much for posting these pics, Katie. I have been obsessively checking your blog all weekend for stories and pics about Easter weekend. We thought about you guys all weekend, so glad to hear you all had such a great time.

Love love - Meleah