Tuesday, March 18, 2008

On the road again.

"On the road again. Just can't wait to get on the road again. The life I love is runnin' with my friends. And I can't wait to get on the road again"

Last Tuesday as Michael and I were walking to the car at the sitter's house, he asked me a very sweet question. He looked at me and point blank said, "Are you a runner, Mom?" I couldn't help but giggle. I was sick as a dog at this point, still, and couldn't possibly think about running one single step last week.


Yesterday was my first day back to my running "regime
nt". It was a miserable and exhausting run, I honestly can't even pretend it was fun. I took about a week and a half off, and with being sick, my stamina was nil. Today was a different story, however! I met two running friends and we ran about five miles, or so. I felt, surprisingly, stronger than yesterday AND I wasn't ready to fall over with exhaustion today at school. It seems I have finally recovered from the virus, thank goodness! I have a few running goals for this spring: a half marathon in April (the 20th) and a 10K in early May. In order to run another half, I've got to start running on the weekends again and increasing the distance of my "long" weekend run. I love the half marathon distance, and I really do enjoy running a little bit longer on the weekends.

Michael is also a runner! Check out the following pictures from this evening. This is his starting position for running in a race. He runs races against himself every evening. We're a quirky family, I know. I love how the start of his race is all about the pointer finger placement. Don't you? He says the finger placement cuts down on his time.


"On the road again Goin' places that I've never been . Seein' things that I may never see again, And I can't wait to get on the road again."

4 comments:

Melis B said...

Your son is SO adorable! That is such a cute story!

What a sweet little guy!!

We miss you!!
I hope we'll see you Sunday!!

Hugs,
Melis

The Sweet Family said...

MB is so adorable. Love the get mark, get set! I just want to hug him and eat him all up!

Hugs,
Amy

Kelly A said...

I am so glad that you are fully recovered and are back to running!!

I wish I had just half of your enthusiasm:)

I hope you have a great week!!

Anonymous said...

This is a great story...he so looks up to you and gets your passion for running and that is adorable! Glad you are feeling better and are back to hitting the pavement love :)