This afternoon Michael and I stopped by my Grandmother's house to retrieve her picks for the NCAA tournament. Our family has an online group set up through ESPN for this year's tournament. Since my grandparents LOVE March Madness, we had to include Grandma in the family competition. My grandmother REALLY knows and loves basketball; she can tell you all about the coaches, players, strategies, etc. As soon as Grandma and I completed her bracket, my Grandfather (who has been sick for years due to a large number of strokes) asked to look at the bracket. He said, "Who do you have at the top?" I replied, "Of course, UNC!, Pap-Pap!!" He smirked and said, "I'd like to see that...but, it's not going to happen."
Both of my grandparents are from NC, so our whole family LOVES NC basketball. It really doesn't matter which NC team to my immediate family. Though, I would say we're partial to Wake Forest because it is my Grandfather's alma mater.
We had a wonderful afternoon with my grandparents. As always, Grandma fed us well. Michael told her numerous times how much he loves her. I know this made her feel pretty special. That, and the fact that he ate whatever she put on his plate.
Both of my grandparents are from NC, so our whole family LOVES NC basketball. It really doesn't matter which NC team to my immediate family. Though, I would say we're partial to Wake Forest because it is my Grandfather's alma mater.
We had a wonderful afternoon with my grandparents. As always, Grandma fed us well. Michael told her numerous times how much he loves her. I know this made her feel pretty special. That, and the fact that he ate whatever she put on his plate.


4 comments:
Georgetown all the way!!!!!!
Have a Happy Easter!
Hugs,
The Sweet Family
Your grandparents are precious! I can picture all of this...great memories for all of you :)
What a sweet story!! It's so wonderful that you live close to your grandparents and are able to see them often!
Grandparents are one of life's most precious gifts!!!
UH, where are the Easter pics?
Post a Comment