Well, we've been busy this past week. With what, I'm not sure. It's just been one of those weeks that has been difficult to keep up with school, home, and all the rest in between. I actually did have a cute little post of Michael dancing to the Hokie Pokie as a shout out to Uncle Clay and all the other VT fans who read our blog. However, for whatever reason the Blogger connection was lost and I tried over and over again to post the video. And, it's just not in the cards, I suppose.
We've had a great weekend. Yesterday we celebrated Josh's 31st birthday with some dear friends. We had a little pizza party with delicious cupcakes made by Melissa B. The children had as much fun (or more?) than the parents did. It is such a blessing to watch our babies play together, as Josh and I grew up with their parents. Everyone, with the exception of Melissa B, went to the same middle school and high school growing up. (Though you'd never know that Melis didn't grow up with us!!) And, for Nikki and Melissa S, and me, we went to elementary school together. Melissa S was actually our babysitter during the summers when my mom went back to school for her inservice days. (We gave her some grief in those days, that's for sure.)
To know that Michael is surrounded by these wonderful children who have amazing parents, is such a gift! Looking back on my childhood, one of the greatest gifts that my parents and Josh's parents gave us, was our community. Our community was the home to these sweet, small, schools full of hard working families with similar values. And, to think that some of our dearest friends are from elementary school, is just quite simply very special.
Tangents aside, we've had a weekend! And, we're hoping for a little snow, just not on Wednesday! I have two very important meetings that have required a ton of time to organize. Maybe I'll be able to keep up with the blogging and the photography of this rascal a little better this week. We'll see. Stay tuned. We'll also see if the blogger connection is any better this week. As of right now, I can't even post a picture! Grrr!!

2 comments:
You are SO sweet!!
We are ALL so lucky to have each other and this wonderful little community we make up. It makes me so happy and lucky to realize we have the best friends in the whole world and we all live so close and our kids can all grow up together.
It's truly wonderful how lucky and blessed we all are!!
O~~love the new layout. I like how big the writing is on the left side. :)
Post a Comment