Funny, funny story about Michael B to share:
When Michael is getting testy with me, and is on the verge of a time out; I often tell him to, "STRAIGHTEN Up!"
Lately I've noticed when we find ourselves in one of these situations, Michael loudly says to me (with hand gestures across the torso!), "AND, we're going to SWEEP it UP!" Generally, actually pretty much always, he makes me chuckle inside when he says that sentence. It makes no sense to me whatsoever. What does "AND, we're going to SWEEP it Up!!" have to do with time out??
Ah Ha!! See where I'm headed with this? I have just figured out that the little Rascal is telling ME to STRAIGHTEN UP! So, now I guess I'm going to have start giving him a time out or two for back-talking! What a bummer because it's hilarious to hear, "AND, we're going to SWEEP it UP!" when he's really sending me over the edge with the whining, questioning, and demanding antics. And to think that I thought he was talking about cleaning up his act or his mouth.... Ha.
Anytime I think about, "AND, we're going to SWEEP it UP!", I can't help but laugh. If someone irritates you, just try saying "AND, we're going to SWEEP it UP!" (Just don't laugh out loud.)
When Michael is getting testy with me, and is on the verge of a time out; I often tell him to, "STRAIGHTEN Up!"
Lately I've noticed when we find ourselves in one of these situations, Michael loudly says to me (with hand gestures across the torso!), "AND, we're going to SWEEP it UP!" Generally, actually pretty much always, he makes me chuckle inside when he says that sentence. It makes no sense to me whatsoever. What does "AND, we're going to SWEEP it Up!!" have to do with time out??
Ah Ha!! See where I'm headed with this? I have just figured out that the little Rascal is telling ME to STRAIGHTEN UP! So, now I guess I'm going to have start giving him a time out or two for back-talking! What a bummer because it's hilarious to hear, "AND, we're going to SWEEP it UP!" when he's really sending me over the edge with the whining, questioning, and demanding antics. And to think that I thought he was talking about cleaning up his act or his mouth.... Ha.
Anytime I think about, "AND, we're going to SWEEP it UP!", I can't help but laugh. If someone irritates you, just try saying "AND, we're going to SWEEP it UP!" (Just don't laugh out loud.)

2 comments:
That is SO cute! Hee hee Smart little guy you have there!!
How cute! Isn't it funny what kids perceive us as saying. When my son was Michael B's age he would always look up at me and stretch his arms up and say, "HOLD YOU". ~smile~
Love your stories!
Have a great week.
Post a Comment