Monday, December 03, 2007

Wheaties or Smart Water?


So....Who gave our son Wheaties today? Did someone slip him Smart Water without our knowing?

This afternoon when I got to the baby sitter's house, I could hear Michael chattering with Peggy as they met me at the door. From what I remember, he was jabbering about putting his shoes on and his Mommy picking him up. He greeted me with this awesomely, gigantic, happy, hug. (Sometimes, I smile when I pull into Peggy's driveway. Today was one of those days.)

Michael's greeting was indicative of what was to come this evening. The babysitter mentioned this afternoon that Michael and one of his favorite friends are her "best singers!" How funny is that? I got a kick out of that compliment, believe me.

We loaded up and headed home to grab Duncan for a veterinary visit...he's had a few health related issues lately. At the vet's office, Michael was cheerful, talkative, and entertaining. He was very friendly with the vet and even showed her his "purse" that holds his cars. On the way to the vet's office, Michael chatted about the cloud's color this evening. He mentioned that they were BLUE! and YELLOW! today. To my surprise, he also pointed out things like a break in a stone wall and the importance of holding hands in the parking lot.

Once we got little Duncan squared away, we got a call from Josh. Josh planned on taking Michael B to a basketball game this evening. So, Josh picked the little guy up and took him over to the middle school. They had a blast. They sat in the corner, with the "cool kids"~~says Josh. And, Michael, being the smart boy that he is, took note of the cheerleaders. In fact, that was the highlight of his venture. He was amazed by the cheerleaders and their "tricks!". Seriously. He said that they did tricks when he got home.

So, what was it? Wheaties or Smart Water today? Can we please repeat this wonderful evening tomorrow because there was no back talk, there were no temper tantrums, and there were no time outs?!? Please. I must remember this exact formula. It works ...

1 comments:

Karen Hobert Flynn said...

My guess is that it was no illness and no teething, a good night's rest, a good nap, and plenty of good food meant that Michael was primed for the day!

So many times, I could trace my boys' bad behavior to illness, lack of sleep or poor eating that day!

Katie, I love to hear stories about how little Michael is doing. He is just so adorable. and you and josh are terrific parents! love, karen