Today, somehow, I wrapped all of the presents I have purchased so far. This honestly never-ever happens. Never. I'm usually wrapping my little heart out on Christmas Eve and then spend Christmas Day sleep deprived because of my procrastination on wrapping gifts. I'm all set this year, though!
As I was wrapping, I let Michael B watch the "original" Grinch movie. He came across a Cars T-shirt and kinda flipped out. The shirt REALLY is for him, I bought it last weekend with my girlfriends. Somehow, I convinced him that the t-shirt was for another little boy. After we wrapped the shirt (together) he asked if the gift tag could say for Michael. Of course, I said sure! So, he basically, wrapped his own present. (Classy, Kate.) At least he didn't find the matchbox cars!!!
As I was cleaning up my mess, I heard some rustling under the tree. Sure enough, Michael was opening a gift or two. He didn't throw a fit when I told him that he needed to wait until Christmas. He thought about what I said and then calmly placed the gift up high (on top of a present for Josh).
I had to giggle about both incidents from this afternoon. He clearly doesn't have a clue about the presents or Santa; and, I love it. I wish I could just bottle up his precious innocence. How did we ever get so blessed?

2 comments:
That is the best story, your son is SO sweet!! Lauren had a meltdown tonight b/c she wanted to stay up and wrap more presents. I don't think I could get away with the "for another little girl" with her anymore.
I love the picture too. Is he sucking his thumb? Ahhhhh
oh yes, we do have a thumb-sucker! thankfully, it's only when he's tired and usually if he just has that little white blankie that you see in the photo. it's got to be genetic. every single one of my brothers sucked their thumbs, and so did i!! we like orthodontia, what can i say?
he's still asking about the cars t-shirt this evening, he even knows which present it is...
lauren is hilarious! such a little girl!! can't wait to see you guys again soon...
katie
Post a Comment