" Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the
ribbons."
~Ruth Ann Schabacker
The baking just isn't going as quickly as it has in years past. It just might be "the help". This afternoon, as soon as we got home from school Michael and I settled in for an evening of baking Cherry Chocolate Bread. We didn't get to it yesterday because Michael and I were too busy wrapping his Christmas gifts. So we did a few loaves this evening, which took awhile and made a gigantic mess. My dad happened to stop by for a visit during all of this. Naturally, being the father of four children, he was not shocked by the mess of the kitchen or by the mess of the child Josh and I are raising.
I figure if we bake one thing each night, by Thursday we'll be all set. Each year I bake for my colleagues and administrators, and we also bake for Josh's colleagues and a few partner's from the firm. It's so much fun to give a homemade gift. If only I wasn't so tired at night and if only it wasn't so time consuming; I would be a little bit more enthusiastic about all this baking. Right now I'm thinking that Starbuck's gift cards would be great for the colleagues....But, you know, got to follow my Dad's tradition...
Tomorrow night is fudge or buckeye balls. Michael simply can not help with the fudge, as most of the cooking for fudge is done on the stove. The buckeye balls he'll enjoy, I'm sure!
(Can you see Michael B's little attitude in this photo? He's in the process of pushing his vacuum cleaner in this pic!)
ribbons."
~Ruth Ann Schabacker
The baking just isn't going as quickly as it has in years past. It just might be "the help". This afternoon, as soon as we got home from school Michael and I settled in for an evening of baking Cherry Chocolate Bread. We didn't get to it yesterday because Michael and I were too busy wrapping his Christmas gifts. So we did a few loaves this evening, which took awhile and made a gigantic mess. My dad happened to stop by for a visit during all of this. Naturally, being the father of four children, he was not shocked by the mess of the kitchen or by the mess of the child Josh and I are raising.
I figure if we bake one thing each night, by Thursday we'll be all set. Each year I bake for my colleagues and administrators, and we also bake for Josh's colleagues and a few partner's from the firm. It's so much fun to give a homemade gift. If only I wasn't so tired at night and if only it wasn't so time consuming; I would be a little bit more enthusiastic about all this baking. Right now I'm thinking that Starbuck's gift cards would be great for the colleagues....But, you know, got to follow my Dad's tradition...
Tomorrow night is fudge or buckeye balls. Michael simply can not help with the fudge, as most of the cooking for fudge is done on the stove. The buckeye balls he'll enjoy, I'm sure!
(Can you see Michael B's little attitude in this photo? He's in the process of pushing his vacuum cleaner in this pic!)

0 comments:
Post a Comment