The fudge is DONE. I just finished four batches this evening and it looks like it was a successful night in kitchen! Hurray. A few years ago, Michael's first Christmas, I tried to make fudge for my friends at school and it was a disaster. A total disaster. I think I made four batches or so and misread the directions for every single batch. Can you imagine the frustration? When I would tell people about my experience, the response was usually the same. "Fudge can be difficult to make, you know. The temperature has to be just right." I got so annoyed when people would say that to me. It wasn't a temperature issue, it was a NOT READING THE DIRECTIONS ISSUE.
Anyway... The clothes still aren't folded. And, the presents that I picked up today need to be wrapped tonight because they're due back at school tomorrow! (HO, HO, HO!) Guess who will be joining Michael for a nap on Friday afternoon?? That would be ME.
Today the holiday festivities reached a whole new level for Michael B: the daycare Christmas party! The children all exchange gifts, they wear their Christmas outfits, they make cards for their parents, and they eat cupcakes! Michael came home this afternoon with a bag full of wonderful presents; a lovely wooden puzzle, a Cars coloring book with markers, a couple trucks, and a precious little teddy bear. The partying definitely wore him out, though. He actually tried to lay down on the kitchen floor while I was making dinner. (He's my little Chef, remember?!?) He also tried, as best as he could, to lay on the couch with his "guys" (stuffed animals and blankie). I say "tried" because he just couldn't stand the thought of laying down before bed time, he was trying to hide the fact that he was tired. He did hit the sack early this evening: 6:50!
Josh got home this evening, too. Unfortunately, it was after Michael B went to bed. That's okay, though, Michael will have a great surprise when he wakes in the morning.
Gotta go wrap and fold.
(Photo is from last December...he's growing too quickly!)
Anyway... The clothes still aren't folded. And, the presents that I picked up today need to be wrapped tonight because they're due back at school tomorrow! (HO, HO, HO!) Guess who will be joining Michael for a nap on Friday afternoon?? That would be ME.
Today the holiday festivities reached a whole new level for Michael B: the daycare Christmas party! The children all exchange gifts, they wear their Christmas outfits, they make cards for their parents, and they eat cupcakes! Michael came home this afternoon with a bag full of wonderful presents; a lovely wooden puzzle, a Cars coloring book with markers, a couple trucks, and a precious little teddy bear. The partying definitely wore him out, though. He actually tried to lay down on the kitchen floor while I was making dinner. (He's my little Chef, remember?!?) He also tried, as best as he could, to lay on the couch with his "guys" (stuffed animals and blankie). I say "tried" because he just couldn't stand the thought of laying down before bed time, he was trying to hide the fact that he was tired. He did hit the sack early this evening: 6:50!
Josh got home this evening, too. Unfortunately, it was after Michael B went to bed. That's okay, though, Michael will have a great surprise when he wakes in the morning.
Gotta go wrap and fold.
(Photo is from last December...he's growing too quickly!)

2 comments:
I'm laughing right now because I've done the same thing with my grandmother's caramels!! I've tried for two years to no avail. Last year I burned the batch and this year I cooked it so much it was hard as a rock! Maybe next year!
~Diane
Man, 6:50 would be so awesome in this house. I can only wish!! I'm glad you got your funce done. :)
Post a Comment