Boy, were Michael and I happy to have Josh home this evening!! Josh has been out of town since Sunday afternoon and because he got in late last night and left very early this morning; Michael did not get to see him until this evening. It was such a relief to share in his company at the dinner table, in addition to sharing the household/Michael B nighttime routine. I honestly don't know how single parents manage.
Until I had Michael, I had no idea how easy it is to obsess over your child's diet!!
When your baby is an infant you wonder is he getting enough from nursing? Is the formula upsetting the babe's stomach? When he is just learning to eat solid foods you wonder: Will he choke? What if he chokes? What about an allergic reaction? How do I handle those situations?? And, now, the worry is: has he eaten enough good food throughout the day?
Lately, Michael has been really picky and has hardly eaten his dinners. Granted, they may not be the best dinners or they may not be "kid food", sometimes. I worry, though, that he doesn't have a proper diet. I worried about his diet, in fact, until this evening. He ate and ate and ate. I grilled two steaks and made baked potatoes, a green salad, and green beans almondine . And, like I mentioned, he ate everything on his plate (including the itty, bitty salad)! Thank goodness. I worried that my holiday baking totally ruined his meager ('well-balanced') diet. but it does appear that my child will still eat something green.
Honestly, I have been obsessing about this food issue since Saturday night. And, thankfully, this obsession has come to an end. I wonder what I will worry about tomorrow?

2 comments:
It is so true! There is always something to worry about -- sometimes I just cannot help myself. Try to relax, Katie. He is such a cutie patootie you obviously know what you are doing.
Love love- M
Katie
I still worry about my boys' food intake. My pediatrician gave me some good advice that I try to keep in mind -- and he urged me to look at each boy's diet over the course of the week to see how balanced it is. Sometimes, their eating can be off on a particular day for a variety of reasons -- so look over a week and see if it helps...He is adorable, though!
Post a Comment