Thursday, December 20, 2007

Whooped!

Michael was ready for bed this evening around 5:30, and I was right there with him!


The holiday festivities and the changes in the daycare schedule this week have put our boy through the ringer. Today was the last day for a number of schools, which meant that a large number of the daycare children were picked up early by their mothers. This, in turn, meant that Michael's nap was a little bit off schedule. The excitement of Christmas, as well as all of the after school errands are exhausting for most adults. Unfortunately, most children (I think) are doubly exhausted from the excitement and the running around. Michael had his little dinner around 5:30 this evening and was
in bed by 6:30. That's crazy, I know. He sure did need to start the bedtime routine early,though. I think he just to needed to slow down, snuggle up with his "guys", and read his books.

Tomorrow is our last day of school for awhile. Yippee!!! I have to teach most of the day, but I think that Michael and I will get home in plenty of time for both of us to take naps. Believe me, I plan on taking a good long one tomorrow afternoon. It looks as though I have all of my cooking done for my school friends, which makes me feel relieved!

And, before I forget ... I have two children's books to recommend this evening. One tells the Christmas story, and it's just wonderful. It's called "This is the Stable". The pictures are also fantastic. My other favorite children's book right now is called "Where is God?" This book was given to Michael by Mary Jane and Michael. It is also a sweet, but spiritual book.Of course, usually halfway through this book, I get the question "Where's God, Mom?" Michael enjoys both of my favorites, but his pick of the week is "Cleo's Counting Book".

0 comments: