"Slow down, you move too fast,
You've got to make the morning last
Just kickin down the cobble stones
Looking for fun and feelin' groovy!" (Simon and Garfunkel)
The baking? All day? Didn't happen.
Though, we DO have some fresh pumpkin bread with chocolate chips... With Michael's help, I managed to get about five loaves of pumpkin bread baked. It was my intention to do Cherry Chocolate Bread in the afternoon and then fudge/buckeye balls tomorrow evening.
The CCB, today? It isn't gonna happen, either. I'm whooped and I plan on napping. Michael B wore me out and we've been romping around with my family most of the day. We also went to Josh's bball game. Unfortunately they lost, but the kids played REALLY well.
Anyway, the cooking isn't going to be ALL done today. That's okay, though. Michael has been slowing me down a little bit in the kitchen with the baking; but, teaching him the difference between a tsp and a 1/2 tsp is priceless. And, really, life moves too quickly most of the time, anyway. There's no rush! It'll all get done. (Maybe.)
(If you have not seen Ratatouille, you must. Isn't this rat (Remy) precious? And, if you're interested in either recipe~~buckeye balls OR cherry chocolate bread, click on the words...it'll take you to the recipe. Check out M's blog with the CCB. You could also tell her how cute her babies are! )

3 comments:
MMMMMMMMMMMM, those buckeye balls look yummy, Cary would LOVE those. 4 JARS of peanut butter though...wow!! :)
Good luck with your baking today. I might try to do some too. We'll see how my little helpers are. :)
Enjoy your Sunday, Melis
Ratatouille is a great film. I have watched it 3 times. I can't get enough of Remy!
Katie - You are just too sweet! Thank you for all your kind words, they always perk me up when things get wild because daddy is traveling for work. You are the best!
Post a Comment