Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Over the Mountain.



(View of the mountains from our "nature walk", that I make Michael take...)

Michael and I went just over the mountain this evening in pursuit of the perfect gift for a dear friend. After picking up the gift, two cookies, and a cup of coffee we decided to head home. Michael B was ready to get home to his cars and his "vacuum cleaner" after a fun day of school.

As we crossed over the mountain, listening to our Christmas piano CD, I shouted out. "Michael, just look at that GORGEOUS sunset!! Isn't just beautiful, baby???" ( I truly did say this...) Oh my goodness, the sunset was phenomenal this evening. It was one of those days where the mountains have a light bluish tint; it's almost like watching the ocean on a sunny day in the distance. And, the sun had this bright, peachy looking glow. The clouds were separated by the sun so that they looked like another layer of the mountains. This change in color amazed me because the mountains have been kind of navy blue over the past week or so. Not today, however. They looked so soft and warm. I wanted to wrap myself in that sweet moment, rather than flying down the mountain with all the commuters.

Michael looked and observed the sunset and those mountains, that I love so dearly.

Once we got closer to river he said, "Where'd the sunshine go, Mommy?"

I live for afternoons like this with Michael.

(In fact, we had such a lovely afternoon that I didn't even mind that he spilled his milk TWICE all over the kitchen floor and the rugs in the kitchen.)
(Mountains from Thanksgiving Day at my mom and dad's home...)

1 comments:

M the Mommy said...

Katie - I have wanted to comment for so long to let you know that I have been reading. I NEVER miss your blog. Things have been crazy with traveling last week and then being under the weather. I just wanted you to know that I absolutely adored reading about your Thanksgiving. I so wish we could have been there so that MB, Harvey, Peter, & Lorelei could have all played together. Please give the Kerr's our love -- the music class must have been AWESOME! I am going to be making Rosie's pumpkin bread this weekend for my folks, so I will be sure to let you know how it turns out.
Missing you guys more than ever - M
PS. A couple of my favorite classics...
To Kill a Mockingbird
Pride and Prejudice