
Michael and I went to story time at the library today. As always, we thoroughly enjoyed our hour together. I am so thankful that the library does a story time on the weekends, as most of the programs are during the week in the middle of the morning. It's virtually impossible for a working mother (or, father) to do story time in the middle of the week, unless your hours are flexible. So, thank you!!, to the library. (Michael also appreciates the puppets...just so you know...)
My mom met us at the library this morning, and she let me wander around a bit while Michael ripped tons and tons of books from the shelves. Before we even went to the library today, I walked in with the intention of checking out The Jungle by Upton Sinclair. This is one of those "junior year books" that I read bits and pieces of and thought, " HHHmmm....this might be a good one!" (Why, yes(!!!), I would LOVE to SMACK my former self.)
My students are discussing this time period in social studies right now, and since I remember this book as being FABULOUS (what I read, anyway...); I checked it out this morning.
Yesterday I finished Jenna Bush's book, Ana's Story. Despite my political views and lots (and lots!!) of jokes made by my hubbie, I truly enjoyed this book. It was interesting and was a very, very, very, very easy read. It goes quickly and has some beautiful photographs throughout. The story is intriguing and heartbreaking. If you'd like to know more, go HERE for a synopsis.
Happy reading! This week is National Children's Reading Week, just so you know...
To Winter
5 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment