Thursday, November 15, 2007

A Girl Can Dream.


Following Meleah's plan again today: Thirteen Thursday! (A list of thirteen things!)


I just read about this idea over at The Daily Meme , which was mentioned on Meleah's blog awhile back.


Let's get to the list, shall we?



Before I'm Gone I hope to:


1. Hold a Grandchild given to us from one of our children.


2. Make a lasting and positive influence in my community.


3. Go to Wimbledon with Josh and watch Rodger Federer.


4. Adopt a baby from China.


5. Write a children's book based on a story told by Pap-Pap F.


6. Run in a 50k or 50 mile race. I'll start with the 50k.


7. Carry another baby, give birth to another baby, nurse another baby.


8. See Michael grow to be a kind, sensitive, strong, and giving man.


9. Retire with Josh and travel with him to places we've never been.


10. See a cure for cancer.


11. Earn a Phd in education.


12. Make a difference in a child's life.


13. Hold my brother's babies, watch them all get married, and find happiness.


Godwilling.


But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams. W. B. Yeats


1 comments:

M the Mommy said...

Oh, Katie! I wish we lived closer to one another! We have so many things in common. Every time you write a list like this I read it and end up saying to myself, "Yes! Yes! YES!". I know they are universal themes, but we have so many of the same hopes and dreams for ourselves and our families. At least we have our blogs, I feel like I get to connect with you everyday.

May all your dreams come true, my friend.

Love - M