The first time I ever really checked an unknown blog was last winter sometime. I was bored, and Josh was sleeping soundly on the couch. I remember reading one of the best blogs ever, Five Little Monkeys, and I decided to click on Kickyboots. It was a strange experience, to be hooked into reading someone else's blog, and to be so intrigued by the writing of this young mother. I still frequent Kickyboots. The blog author, Amanda, cracks me up from time to time; however, she's also made me tear up, as well. Some of my favorite posts written by Amanda were For Her and Sand and Water. You can click on either title to read these posts.
While I do take pleasure in reading random blogs, there are a few friend blogs that I check DAILY. I hang onto to every word and picture, unfortunately I hang onto these posts much more than the local (or national/world) news. I may not be able to tell you the latest on G. W.; but I can tell you all about Melissa B's weekend or how well Diane's children did at the last swim meet or which solid foods the (cutest) H. twins are eating. The links are also on the side of the blog, but if you click on the titles of the following links, you'll be led to some of my favorite posts....
Check out the fun links, and leave these lovely ladies a message, or two!
(So, if these photos don't get a comment or two, I'll just assume you're talking about me behind my back....) These pics are from a cross country meet from Nov. 2005! Haven't aged a bit, have I?
~~How's that for random???~~
Here's to linky love Tuesdays!!
To Winter
5 years ago

3 comments:
you haven't aged a bit... maybe it's all that cross county racing with horses that is finally paying off.
a blue-blood wantabe
I am so shocked, pleased, and flattered at the post you picked for me, Katie. I remember when I made that post that it was the first time I was posting without pictures and cute stories of the babies. I was nervous because I thought for sure no one would really want to see a post without cute little mugs staring back at them. And then when there was only one comment I thought for sure -- yup, everyone thinks I am crazy, get back to the pictures of the kiddos. I had no idea you liked this post so much - thank you. Thanks as well for your kind words. I never miss your blog as well and I am already really enjoying you using the little schedule. It is fun to see how someone you admire would execute the same ideas you have. This rocks!
All my love - M
PS. I just saw that you are linking to perez hilton. He is my dirty little secret I check in at least a couple times a day. How sad am I?
You are so right, other's blogs lives are more important than current events. It gives everyone a chance to see how others are living, etc.... I began reading your blog from Melissa B's listings. I enjoy reading your blog and getting to know others! Feel free to browse my family's blog. You will see we are HUGE VA Tech fans! Can't wait for Saturday, the last home game!!!! We are so excited to go again. We used to live in Winchester and relocated to Wythe County with my husbands work. Closer to VA Tech was the clincher... ;o)
Post a Comment