Ahh...So, it seems that the date night had it's consequences.
It's a real treat when your Grandparent's come over to hang out with you on a Monday night. Especially, when they bathe you, play with you, read to you, and so on...
I know my parent's listened to and honored the 7:30 bedtime as much as they could, but my gracious! Michael woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, and the bad mood has continued through to the evening. This morning he was crying for his mama, his cars, and was just miserable. (I got to run with my friend, Diane, this morning, which means that I wasn't around this morning before he went to the sitter's house.) As a result of not seeing his Mama much over the past two days, he desparately wanted to be rocked to sleep this evening. And, naturally, I caved.
Oh! And, the good news is: Tomorrow he gets shots! Yep, due to my negligence he is going to the ped for his two year check up and will get a few vaccines. This is all right, smack-dab in the middle of nap time! Oh, he's going to be a real jewel tomorrow night, I can feel it.
I know my parent's listened to and honored the 7:30 bedtime as much as they could, but my gracious! Michael woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, and the bad mood has continued through to the evening. This morning he was crying for his mama, his cars, and was just miserable. (I got to run with my friend, Diane, this morning, which means that I wasn't around this morning before he went to the sitter's house.) As a result of not seeing his Mama much over the past two days, he desparately wanted to be rocked to sleep this evening. And, naturally, I caved.
Oh! And, the good news is: Tomorrow he gets shots! Yep, due to my negligence he is going to the ped for his two year check up and will get a few vaccines. This is all right, smack-dab in the middle of nap time! Oh, he's going to be a real jewel tomorrow night, I can feel it.

1 comments:
HANG IN THERE!
Remember it is okay to cave in sometimes. There are no iron clad rules in parenting -- it is very fluid -- you know -- trial and error. I, too, hate appt's that land in the middle of nap time and no matter how much I try to schedule around it they will just wake up early or sleep in late or take a 2 hour 45 minute nap (or 30 minute nap) out of no where to keep me on my toes. Hang in there, Katie. You are a great mom -- that is why sometimes he just has to cry for you -- well you and his cars.
;)
All our love - Meleah
Post a Comment