"Here are some who like to run. They run for fun in the hot, hot sun.
Oh me! Oh my! Oh me! Oh my! What a lot of funny things go by."
~Dr. Seuss. "One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish."
Oh me! Oh my! Oh me! Oh my! What a lot of funny things go by."
~Dr. Seuss. "One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish."
Well, I had this nice, long post written. And, now it's gone. Awesome. (That's the kind of week it's been.)
Josh is home now. Thank Heavens. He was out of town for a large part of the week, which was tough. I do know it could be much more difficult than it was; he could have been gone for 30 days or something, OR I could have 2 or 3 babies to tend to, rather than one.
Michael and I were so grateful for the family time this evening. We were able to have a family meal, unfortunately it was pizza--and, not something cooked by the family chef. Josh gave Michael a bath, which was so greatly appreciated by me. And, after bath time, we read four books as a family. It felt good to be snuggled in a bed with my guys, including the Yap-Dog, Duncan.
Tomorrow the girls and I are heading out for the marathon. My girlfriend, and old neighbor, Tricia will be joining us at the hotel. I'm just itching to see her. She is such a dear friend and I just can't wait to spend some quality time with her and my other girlfriends tomorrow evening.
Sunday is marathon day. Wa-Hoo! ! I'm contemplating running with my camera. The course is going to be scenic and I need a distraction to help me get through those long miles. I can plan a montage while I run, right? I've already started to think about which song I'd to use....
Please wish my friends (and, me) Godspeed on Sunday and say a little prayer for us, if you don't mind...
Stay tuned, there's lots to come this weekend...It's going to be a wonderful one..

3 comments:
I was just thinking of you....Sunday is your big day and I will be thinking of you!! I will say a prayer that you run swiftly, enjoy the scenery and have a blast!! I can't wait to hear all about it and see the montage!!
~~good luck~~
We Luv You~~the bartlett
GODSPEED.
GODSPEED.
GODSPEED.
I found this quote and thought of you.
We are different, in essence, from other men. If you want to win something, run 100 meters. If you want to experience something, run a marathon.
- Emil Zatopek
This is what I will say Sunday morning for you...
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be ever at your back.
GO, KATIE, GO!
GOOD LUCK!!!
Post a Comment