Saturday, September 01, 2007

What are YOU doing this weekend?


Over the past few days, I've had this conversation with many people. When I'm asked this question, my response is always the same.

People: "Any big plans for the holiday weekend, Kate?"

Katie: "Well. I'm watching tennis."

People: Not sure what to say. Respond with silence.

Tennis is my all time favorite sport to watch. Any of the major tournaments are just like the Super Bowl to me, except they are so much better! I l-o-v-e Roger Federer. (Love, love, love him!) He could teach some of the professional athletes, that you hear so much about on the news, a thing or two about class, intelligence, and not using steroids. I always have something to say about professional athletes, and I'll save you from the speeches that I deliver to Josh while he is watching ESPN. Surprisingly, he usually agrees with me. Maybe he's trying to shut me up?

I'm not sure why I love watching tennis so much because I
certainly don't play. I will tell you that John McEnroe cracks me up. I love the outfits of the players, watching Sharapova and the Williams' sisters play is like watching a fashion show. But most of all, I love the athleticism and grace that comes with tennis. I rarely let Michael watch TV when we get home from school, but this week we watched tennis every afternoon.

So. In a nutshell, that's what I'm doing this weekend. Watching tennis. One of these days I'll get to Wimbledon or the U.S. Open. Michael has already agreed to play in Wimbledon one day, we talk about when he'll make his debut frequently.

Oh. And, another thing...the painter is coming on Tuesday! TUESDAY!?!? YIIIKES. I think we're good though. I'm not 100% sure about the chocolate/mocha shade for the kitchen, but I've got a pretty good idea. So, stay tuned for photos of painted walls! Yay, yay, yay!

1 comments:

Melis B said...

We are huge tennis fans too here. Obviously CB for well known reasons, but I am like you, I don't play, but love to watch. :) Maybe one day both of our kids will be playing at Wimbledon! We're already pushing it a little. :) It' seither golf or tennis for our girls.

Have a super weekend, Melis