A story from the trip home:
We're moseying on down the highway. My stomach has been growling for about two hours because I didn't eat much breakfast, only half of one of Josh's disgusting "Entenmann's" doughnuts. (Those things have NO flavor, especially the chocolate ones. I'm a doughnut snob, you see...)
So, we're planning on stopping at this restaurant that my family ALWAYS stops at on the way home from the beach. Seriously, it's a tra-di-tion. However, Mapquest had different plans for us...We didn't drive past this family favorite, and we weren't comfortable with traipsing through this unfamiliar city. And, you know men...you can't stop for directions!
There we were: a starving mother and child, and a bunch of chain restaurants. I looked up from my book long enough to say, "Applebees, Josh. Stop." And so, we stopped. My stomach was feeding on itself at this point and the two year old? Oh, he was hungry, too. As we lifted Michael from his carseat, which was quite a process because of the beach stuff, Josh decided that he just wanted to check on something that he "thought" he forgot to pack. He made the mistake of opening the trunk, which was packed to the gild. So, everything starts to fall out....
Poor Josh apologized, as I threw down the diaper bag and my purse in the parking lot. I tend to behave like a two year old, too; especially when my stomach is feeding on itself. As soon as I re-worked some things in the trunk, this cute woman said to me, "Just because I know how much work it is to unload, I'm going to tell you right now that this restaurant was given a 93.3% by the sanitation board." I'm flustered and hungry and from a different STATE so I'm like, "is that baaad???" She says, "Well....it's a B." Josh unfortunately overheard this woman, and told me that we were getting back into the car. ACCK!!
Michael is going *Ca-RAZY* as this point, and on inside, so am I! Josh then suggests Wendy's. Sure enough, I scoff and say, "Yeah. I'm sure Wendy's is going to have a higher sanitation rating than Applebee's." We then found another restaurant, that earned a 95.5. : ) Woop-de-doo!
We're home, and we are so glad to be here, with Duncan. And, a note to our reps here at home; Josh would like to see each restaurant rated here at home, too. Maybe someone running for the board of supervisors should consider adding this movement to his campaign? I may not vote for him because I'll probably never be able to eat another restaurant again with my husband...but, it would win Josh's vote...
To Winter
5 years ago

2 comments:
O.K. You are SO funny! I love this! It sounds so familiar! Talk to you soon.
~Diane
Katie Katie KATIE!!!
We have to find some time to talk on the phone! I wish we lived closer to you as well. I want to pic your brain about CIO. Nights are going well, but naps...oh...naps are a completely different story. I cannot believe how long it has been since we have seen you guys -- SERIOUSLY -- You were PREGNANT!!! We miss you terribly and we must talk SOON!
Love - M
Post a Comment