Friday, July 27, 2007

Return to Me


Oh, my sweet camera is in the clutches of the Canon folks, somewhere in Illinois, I believe.

They have a site for obsessive people, like me, so that we can track the progress of our camera repairs. That just didn't cut it for me today, however. I broke down and called the folks out there in Illinois.

I explained to this kind woman, that I am going on vacation in a week and I desperately NEED my camera.

At one point in the conversation I said, "Tell me. Should I have the camera shipped back to my house or to the vacation spot? What would YOU do??? Do you offer over-night shipping?? The odds are that I won't get it back in time, right??? And, what is your extension so that I can talk to you about this next week? Oh, and when I call you back next week, what day should I call??"

She gave me the extension, but also mentioned that I could just as easily talk to someone else about this issue. Hmmm??? Was that a "get lost, psycho" cue???

We do have another digital camera, but this one...ahhh...It's my baby. And, I was hoping that I could take some shots of the ocean and blow them up into canvas prints. That way we could display them, like art or something...Even though Josh thinks that is a ridiculous idea...(Remember, operation decorate? Well, we're still struggling!)

I am still hopelessly optimistic at this point. Maybe I'll check once more, just to see if it's been shipped.

0 comments: