The Grapes of Wrath is over, and I can now go to sleep at a reasonable hour. This is why I don't read much during the school year. If I get my hands on a good book, I literally cannot and do not put it down.
It was around twelve or so when I went to bed last night, primarily because of reading this amazing story. Around, oh...12:21 am or thereabouts, Michael woke from a deep sleep and decided that he wanted to go down stairs (which, is code for he wanted to play!). He also wanted to sleep in the bed with Josh and me. I've been letting the little one nap in our bed, because he's close to moving up to his own bed.... (What?? I thought he could use the practice....)We quarrelled (Michael and me) about this until the wee hours of the morning, like 3:40 am, to be precise. (And, by the way...I held my ground, Michael slept the rest of the night in his crib.)
This afternoon I ignored all of my household duties, and decided to finish The Grapes of Wrath. It was totally worth ignoring the laundry, the dishes, and all the rest! What a fabulous book. If you click on the link, The Grapes of Wrath link - on the right, there is an interesting write up from NPR about Steinbeck. Check it out.
This is one of my favorite lines, ""Use' ta be the fambly was fust. It ain't so now. It's anybody. Worse off we get, the more we got to do." (~John Steinbeck)
To Winter
5 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment