This morning I decided that Michael and I would make a trip to the library for his first time. My friend, Melissa, takes her girls on a frequent basis, so I decided to give it a whirl. On our way to the library, I decided to peel off at a garage to get my car inspected and to get the brake lights changed. This is the first time that I have EVER thought ahead about a car inspection...but, since the lights were out and I felt nervous about driving M. around without them; I figured why not today? Carpe Diem.
Well, two hours LATER M. and I are STILL waiting in the blasted garage for the guys to finish up with my car. Then, a man comes in with a sticky note and asks what type of car I drive. Wouldn't you know, the list is for my car. It turns out the brake lights aren't the only thing that needs replaced. So, I decided do what you want with the car, but get me the heck out of HERE!
As the man is talking to me, I try to call Josh to bum a ride. The receptionist tells me his phone is marked "private". (Which is code for, don't let Katie call me...we all know THAT.) Cussing in my head, I call my mother. Can't get her either. So, this man who is continuing to rattle off this list and take my personal info, eventually tells me that he can get me a ride. I give Josh a minute or two to call back, and then I finally broke down and told the man that I'd take the courtesy van ride.
The driver arrives, a real nice man, we're on our merry way....And then, I realize, CRAP! NO HOUSE KEY! It's raining. We can't spend the afternoon on the porch. ACCK. So, he turns around, I grab the keys, and we're on our merry way again.
Dag. Gone. It., I just wanted to go the library. This is where safety gets you....home, without a car, but watching TEN--NIS!! (Venus just kicked some butt.)
My son, though? His behavior was awesome. We're very blessed to have such a sweetie. ( The photos are, yes, from the garage.)
To Winter
5 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment