Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Latest Developing Story...


Last week I wrote about Michael and his incessant question, "WHHHHHY???"

Well. It seems I've figured the sugar plum out. (Just maybe...) I think that he wants (badly) to carry on a conversation with Josh and me. The question "why" helps him to engage in conversation, and it keeps us talking. I doubt that he really wants to know why salsa is hot and why peppers are used in salsa. Nor, do I think he really wants to know WHY(!?!!) I need to get to work, why I need to be on time, so on and so forth. He truly asks "why" after every sentence we say. I like to give him back a, "why do you think the salsa makers use peppers, Michael?" And, you know what his response is???? "WHY????"

Another development I've noticed-- when Michael colors with his "new crayons" (markers, very, very, very washable markers...) he tries to COLOR IN various things. For example, in the above picture you'll notice that he is trying to color in the HOOP and the BALL. Is he Josh's son, or what? He also really likes to color in the faces of the Sesame Street characters and the Wiggles. I have just begun to notice this change. It's very, very sweet. Kinda breaks my heart a little because he's growing by leaps and bounds DAILY, but it's very sweet nonetheless.

And, one more noteworthy piece of info..Michael has become quite bossy. (I went through this stage as a child, in fact, I don't think I've grown out of it--especially if you ask Josh...) The babysitter reports that Michael has been distributing "time-outs" left and right this week. He also let's you know when it's HIS turn. He doesn't let us pass him by, that's for sure.

How I adore this rascal...

(Also, I updated the profile, I'll continue working on it...but check it out.)

0 comments: