"A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie." -- Tenneva Jordan
This is the type of mother that I have, the kind who will gladly give up her piece of the pie or her time at a moment's notice for one of her "babies" (we're all in our twenties now). Or, the kind of mother who will show up on your doorstep at five am a few days after you've had a baby of your own; so that she can make you toast and mint tea while you sob because you're so tired you feel like you can't go on. (True story). She's amazing, and I love her.
I hope I can be this kind of mother to Michael one day.

1 comments:
Can I just say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog, Katie. I read it whenever I can. You are giving me flashes of what I have to look forward to...ahhh motherhood.
Love always - Meleah
Post a Comment