Monday, March 05, 2007

The things you do for love...


"Ring around the rosie
A pocket full of posies
Ashes, Ashes
We all fall down..."

Yes, it's true. Clay and Daniel came home for spring break to play "Ring Around the Rosie" with their father and their nephew instead of basking in the hot, luscious, Caribbean sun. My family came over for a visit this afternoon after Michael and I got home from school today. I have a class on Monday nights, so we weren't able to join them for my mom's famous Alfredo sauce and James' 23rd birthday celebration. (Today is James' birthday...I still remember the day my parents brought him home...and, I've loved him ever since.) Michael enjoyed romping around with his uncles, but he doesn't like it when I romp around with his uncles. Clay and I were dribbling the basketball in the hallway ( so much for "no playing ball in the house"), trying to steal the ball from one another and Michael looked at us with total fear in his eyes. I somehow morph into my teenage years when I'm with my baby brothers...I'm the leader of the pack, so to speak.

Michael, Josh, and I REALLY enjoyed our first Monday back at school, work, and daycare. I was so cheerful this morning at school...Michael was happy, I wasn't late and I ran a little, Josh helped a lot, and there was a hint of spring in the air. Don't you just treasure mornings like that? Not necessarily when Josh helps...but, you know, when everything is going just right?

0 comments: