Sunday, March 04, 2007

"Our town's favorite son."


This was one of my favorite lines that the mayor used to describe Josh's Granddad yesterday. It was a wonderful day. Josh's Aunt Barbara and Josh's cousins Ann Marie, Billy, and Avis arrived late Friday evening. Michael fell in love with his cousin, Ann Marie. He took her hand, without hesitation, on our way to the ceremony. And, didn't leave her side until we left the restaurant late last evening. Josh and I REALLY appreciated her help at dinner last night. Sit down dinners sure are a luxury these days.

Josh was able to record the ceremony and I've been working on putting it on "youtube" to share with family members who were not able to come this weekend. It's going to be awhile before I get it done...I've got to rummage through the many piles of warranties and manuals, and other random pieces of paperwork in our office; so that I can find the manual for our camcorder. Like I said, it'll be awhile before the video is released. Be forewarned...you'll hear Michael squawking a bit! We removed him from the ceremony promptly. His favorite part of the dedication was playing basketball in the rec center. He's definitely Josh's son.

2 comments:

J. Michael Hobert said...

nice pix

katie k-h said...

you're just saying that cause you're looking exceptionally handsome... hehehe....