Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Rocks, Sticks, Dirt, and Such...


What is it with boys and sticks? What about boys and rocks??? I don't get it...but, I do know it makes me edgy.

As usual, we stopped by the park on the way home today. Michael whizzed right by the playground equipment today, and headed straight for the woods and the trail. We wandered around the park for a good forty-five minutes today. There were lots and lots of sticks on the trail, Michael liked the really big ones. He also enjoyed climbing on the rocks, which made me nervous. All I could think about was the number of times my brothers got stitches from pulling stunts like rock climbing when we were little. The park rangers should be pleased with our visit because Michael (disgustingly) picked up lots and lots of trash.

Michael B. almost reminded me of a pooch this afternoon...he rolled and rolled in the grass on his back. It must have felt good on his back and on his noggin, I guess? I don't roll around in the ground much, so I wouldn't know.

We also enjoyed watching these adorable boys play tennis with their mother. He kind of stalks other children when we're in public. Oftentimes, he'll look at other children and repeat, "HI, HI, HI, HI, HIIIIII!!!!!!," until the children respond to his greeting. It's going to be so much fun to watch him interact with his cousins over Easter weekend. He especially likes the attention of boys, so he's going to be in "hog heaven"!!

He's quite a character, that's for sure...

0 comments: