Monday, February 26, 2007

The Stress Of It All

Our very carefree, lighthearted, and mellow Schnauzer was placed in a kennel this weekend because of the short-lived trip. Naturally, the kennel is closed on Sunday, so we had to wait until today to pick up our fireball. The whole "closed on Sunday's" deal is definitely a ploy (in my mind) to get another twenty bucks out of the clientele. Makes sense, doesn't it? Anyway, the stress of the weekend took it's toll on Dunc. He was given medication (I wish it was a nerve/anxiety med...) for diarrhea. YUCK. YUCK. YUCK. I thought about telling the receptionist that it would be fine for him to stay awhile longer. She assured Michael and me that the diarrhea is probably due to the "stress" of being placed in the kennel for the weekend. Michael and Duncan seemed to miss one another. Michael has been asking for him ever since we got home at 3:30 on Sunday morning. They're buddies. And, to be honest, barking and all...I missed Duncan, too. He's part of our sweet family and things are just weird without him following me around.

0 comments: