Friday, February 16, 2007

Going Places.

The great thing about our new house is that we are just a short walk away from "town". Since the roads are still covered in ice, I decided to walk to the post office this morning. Michael got bundled up and thrown into the jogging stroller around ten this morning, and we headed out for a little adventure. Most of the sidewalks are still covered in ice, so it was a very bumpy walk for the little guy.

We took care of some things at the post office and then Michael told me that he wanted some food. There happens to be a very sweet, warm, French bakery around the corner from the post office. We sat in the sunshine of this cozy bakery eating ham and Swiss croissants. I felt like I was in a movie or a magazine, it was such a perfect moment. Michael was just precious--no yelling, whining, squirming, just peace. (How can you not be peaceful when eating a fatty croissant?)

After filling our bellies, the journey continued...we decided to pay both grandfather's a visit. It is such a blessing to be so close to our families. Michael gleams with joy when he sees his Grandparents. He does that thing that babies do when he sees them; you know, where they breathe rapidly in and out and quickly move both hands and both feet? I love that.

Days like these are such a blessing.

0 comments: