Monday, October 16, 2006

A Few Peaceful Moments





Michael and Josh just left our house to have one of MaryJane's delicious dinners. Josh's Uncle Chet and Aunt Nancy are in town for the night. Unfortunately, I am going to miss visiting with them because of the RCIA classes. The house is incredibly quiet right now, and this usually isn't the case at 6:13 pm on a Monday night. It feels great to be able to sit down and rest a minute or two before going to class.
This is the most difficult week of marathon training (in terms of distance), and somehow I am already feeling the exhaustion...the bad news is that I haven't even gotten to the long miles yet! Twenty on Saturday or Sunday and ten on Wednesday. Oh boy. It's hard to believe that there are only FOUR weeks left until the big day!! Training this time around has truly been fantastic. This has definitely been the most pleasant training experience I've had since my first marathon. My girlfriends have told me that they always felt stronger with their running after having a baby...I hope that is true for me on marathon day. I'm following Hal Higdon's Beginner's Program and it's awesome. Totally do-able while working full time. Granted, I feel like I hardly sleep, but it's a do-able program. I just hope that it pays off in a few weeks. ; )

2 comments:

katie k-h said...

FYI- Just did a little editing from last night's post. It seems I was pretty tired and missed some grammatical errors before publishing last night.

J. Michael Hobert said...

Your blog is just wonderful Katie...and I am so proud of you keeping up with running with all there is to do !!And, of course, we are so pleased you will be so close for frequent glimpses of his princely one...love ya....